Please monitor Lake County's website at https://elevatelake.com/reopen#cares to learn about Lake County's COVID-19 recovery efforts.
If you already applied for one of Lake County's programs, we will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to whitelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly.
NEW OPPORTUNITY - scroll down to access the application
Phase 2 - Resident Assistance Program
Purpose: To provide rent or mortgage assistance to Lake County residents who have been financially impacted by COVID in a negative way.
Awards will be made on a first-come, first-serve, first-qualified basis while funds last. Qualified applicants will receive up to $4,000 per household. 1) If an applicant's rent or mortgage is current, the applicant will be reimbursed for rent or mortgage payments they made from the date of their COVID hardship through the date of their application submission, up to a maximum of $4,000. 2) If an applicant's rent or mortgage is past due, a payment will be made to the applicant's landlord or lender on their behalf to bring the account current, up to a maximum of $4,000. If the maximum award of $4,000 is not needed to bring the applicant's rent or mortgage account current, the balance will be paid to the applicant to reimburse them for rent or mortgage payments they made from the date of their COVID hardship through the date of their application submission.
1) The applicant's household must not have received any CARES Act funds for assistance with rent or mortgage, including, but not limited to, an award from the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Housing Assistance Program through Lake County or the United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties.
2) Only one person per household may apply for assistance from this program.
3) The applicant must have been financially impacted by COVID in a negative way after March 1, 2020. Examples include, but are not limited to, lay off, furlough, reduction in hours or pay, child care or school closures that required applicant to stay home with minor children and resulted in loss of income, COVID diagnosis or quarantine that resulted in loss of income, etc.
4) The applicant's physical address must be in Lake County, Florida.
5) The applicant's physical address must be their primary residence.
6) The applicant must pay rent or have a mortgage.
The applicant will be required to upload a variety of documents. These documents may be in PDF format or picture format.
1) Driver's license (only the front) or other government issued photo ID.
2) Documentation of COVID hardship. Some examples include:
- Unemployment application confirmation or award
- Letter from employer
- Letter from child care provider or school about closure
3) Current lease that shows the property address, name of landlord, lease term and where rent payments are remitted. If the lease has expired, the applicant will need to provide a letter from the landlord stating that the lease is a month-to-month lease.
4) Documentation showing rent or mortgage paid or past due for each month from date the COVID hardship began through application submission date. The applicant's name MUST appear on the lease agreement or mortgage statement. For illustration purposes, if the applicant owns their home, and their COVID hardship began in April, the applicant will be required to provide 7 separate mortgage statements for the months of April, May, June, July, August, September and October. Some examples of documentation include:
- Mortgage statement
- Rent statement
- Letter from landlord or lender that itemizes charges, payments and balances due
Need help with your application? For questions about the Resident Assistance Program call the temporary Help Center at (877) 927-1057. For technical assistance with uploading files or submitting your application, contact Submittable at submittable.com/help/submitter